Addressing Global Issues
We believe in..
- Working for the common good, without discrimination, with special consideration for the most vulnerable.
- Partnership and collaboration, recognizing that each nation, community and family hold responsibility for the rights and well-being of its members but as global citizens we share concern for all.
- Response to acute needs – backed by preparedness systems, and efforts that address root causes.
- A holistic approach – that meets critical needs but also supports basic rights, good governance, social and economic well-being and environmental sustainability, guided by national and international law.
What We Do
- Awareness, of critical developments, needs, early warning, options for action
- Strategic development, planning, program development, mentoring
- Project implementation, through consultancies, linked to affiliate’s wide-ranging expertise
- Research and evaluation, of critical issues and programs
- Professional development, through experience-informed seminars and courses
We manage a forum series with global thought leaders to stimulate thinking and action.
- Hani Mansourani
- Mark Malloch-Brown
We undertake consultancies and projects utilizing the specialties of HDPI affiliates.
- MHPSS response to COVID-19 in the US
We design and manage training courses for professional development.
Person Living with Mental Conditions and Syndromes, and their Human Rights LECTURER/Nils Kastberg
- integrating the lecture series in a health program in Tanzania
- offering the lecture series in Swahili and Portuguese
- producing “how I do it” videos showing practical adaptions for simple tasks
Who We Are
- An expanding global network, of experienced persons working together to address critical humanitarian and development concerns
- Multi-sectoral, bringing a range of policy and program specializations rooted in the expertise of Affiliates
- Focused on effective action and building capacities, to enhance capacities of governments, international organizations, and civil societies in addressing humanitarian and development objectives
Board of Directors
- Rick Augsburger, Treasurer
- Vernon Jantzi, Secretary
- Everett Ressler, Executive Director