for the most affected and least protected children
HDPI is supporting LUMOS Foundation and partners in capacity building and programing for child protection in the Ukrainian crisis - preventing separation of children from families, returning children in institutions to their families, strengthening vulnerable families and communities, and the care and protection of unaccompanied children including children with disabilities.
The HDPI child protection and education in emergencies team is a group of practitioners with global experience.
Working individually or as a team, we support both preparedness and response efforts in child protection and education in emergencies, supporting:
- needs assessment and evaluations
- development of child protection and education strategies
- child protection interventions
- tracing and reunification of children with their families.
- rapid education response
- coordination at all levels
- capacity building (among caregivers, social workers, teachers, community workers, government officers, and others)
- provision of psychosocial support
- promotion of early childhood development
- post-conflict reconciliation processes engaging children and young people
- other interventions according to context